The EEA is an Agency of the European Union (EU) and one of the decentralised Union bodies. The EEA aims to support sustainable development and to help achieve significant and measurable improvement in Europe’s environment, through the provision of timely, targeted, relevant and reliable information to policy-making agents and the public. The position will be filled as part of the EEAs support to the Copernicus programme (a delegated task from the European Commission).
Under the responsibility of the Head of Group – Procurement and Legal Services, reporting to the Head of Administrative Services Programme (Organisational chart — European Environment Agency (EEA), the Project Manager shall be responsible for activities related to public procurement and provide advice on legal matters relevant to the Agency.
The position will entail the following tasks:
- Tendering and contracting procedures, in particular in relation to the Copernicus programme, inter alia by helping defining terms of reference and the evaluation methodology and by supporting the preparation and implementation of calls for tenders and/or proposals;
- Supervising and managing selection and evaluation processes, ensuring their compliance with relevant regulation and rules;
- Ensuring that rules and procedures in the Agency are in line with best practice in similar Agencies and the European Commission;
- Maintaining physical and electronic documents, shared files, correspondence and requests for clarification according to established filing procedures and relevant rules and regulation;
- Assisting in legal matters relevant to the Agency and the EU Copernicus programme in the areas of public procurement, inter alia by assisting in the drafting of legal documents (e.g. decisions, contracts or grant agreements, guidelines, implementing rules, etc.);
- Assisting in contract management (primarily of administrative nature);
- Any other related tasks as required by the Head of Group and/or the Head of Programme.
The place of work will be Copenhagen, Denmark.
Closing date for application: Tuesday 07 April 2015, at 12.00 (Central European Time)