A PhD position is available in the Disease Systems Immunology Group at DTU Systems biology in collaboration with the Danish Pediatric Asthma Center at Gentofte hospital.
The project is focused on the role of environmental and immunological factors in early life in relation to progression of childhood asthma, and involves analyses of a large amount of immunological, microbiological and metabolic data to be integrated with data from longitudinal clinical phenotyping. The data are part of the Copenhagen Prospective Studies of Asthma in Childhood (COPSAC) birth cohorts.
Responsibilities and tasks
As a Ph.D. student, you will:
- Be involved in the analysis of our immunological data
- Be involved in the integration of various big data sets
- Take an active part in our dedicated research groups
- Specify and develop your own PhD project
- Get comprehensive support from data managers, statisticians, IT support, financial and administrative personnel
- Become part of two well-functioning, unpretentious and inspiring workplaces
- Get plenty of opportunity for professional sparring
Candidates should have a master’s degree in engineering, computational modelling, bioinformatics or similar, and preferentially be acknowledged in life science and/or immunology.
Application deadline: 10 August 2015