At the Open Society European Policy Institute (OSEPI), they influence and inform European Union policies to ensure that open society values are at the heart of EU action, both inside and outside its borders. With a team of talented and dedicated policy analysts, and advocacy and program staff based in Brussels, OSEPI brings evidence, arguments, and recommendations drawn from the work of the Open Society Foundations in more than 100 countries to EU policy debates.
To help them with this work they are looking for an outreach and events coordinator to manage their wide variety of public and private events, and extend their reach in policy circles.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Monitor OSEPI’s profile in Brussels and beyond;
- Devise and implement plans for targeted communications to policy makers;
- Liaise with Office of Communications on website content;
- Update and improve OSEPI’s database, both its contents and use;
- Audit the contacts of team members and create a map of existing networks in Brussels and national capitals;
- Build mailing lists of policy contacts, and update regularly with new actors and changes of position;
- Map new constituencies for OSEPI outreach and help team members to increase their reach in policy circles (working closely with OSEPI’s deputy director);
- Manage and develop OSEPI’s social media profile in collaboration with the OSEPI team and the European communications associate;
- Organize internal online communications with other Open Society entities, including updates to KARL (intranet) and distribution of updates and briefings to mailing lists of senior management and board members;
- Ensure consistent format of publications and organize the printing and dissemination of publications when required.
- Organize the logistics of public events and private meetings of OSEPI, and joint events with other Open Society entities or partners;
- Set standards and establish protocols for organization of events, such as checklists, room layouts, standard procedures;
- Negotiate contracts with venues, widen our portfolio of venues, and create a database of venue options;
- Maintain quality control of communications about events.
The position will be based in Brussels.
Application deadline: January 18, 2015