The Lifelong Learning Platform gathers 39 European organisations working in education, training and youth. It was created with the purpose of involving the different educative actors as closely as possible in the dynamics of discussing and implementing the policies and actions of the EU. The platform raises awareness and promotes lifelong learning at European and national levels. It is currently looking for a dynamic and dedicated Director.
The Director will manage the LLL-P Secretariat in Brussels in close relationship with the steering committee of the AISBL which is the political and strategic body of the organisation elected by the General Assembly. (S)he will work with a small, multicultural and polyvalent team in the heart of Brussels. The successful candidate will be a dynamic and flexible person with a strong willingness to work in the field of lifelong learning in the not-for-profit sector.
The successful candidate will have:
- Vision on policy developments related to education, lifelong learning and the role of civil society;
- Vision for the strategic development of the organisation and support to the steering committee;
- Network management skills and in capacity to deliver quality membership services;
- Planning and delivering advocacy strategies;
- Grant management and reporting;
- Public relations, partnership management and representation;
- Proven experience in human resources management and in team management (staff, board members and experts);
- Office management including relations with Belgian Administration, accounting and financial planning, monitoring and reporting;
- Other related tasks.
Skills/Experience Candidate should possess:
- Interest in lifelong learning policies;
- Knowledge of EU policies in education, training and youth;
- Work experience preferably in the NGO sector and/or education or training organisations;
- Very strong writing and editing skills;
- Native or near native competences in English and French. Another language is an asset;
- A good knowledge of the internal functioning of EU institutions. Position requires:
- Being action-oriented, responsible, creative and willing to take initiative;
- Having strong organisational skills and flexibility in working hours;
- Showing leadership and diplomacy in managing complex stakeholder groups;
- Having an eye for detail and knowing to keep to deadlines even under pressure;
- Excellent interpersonal skills within a multinational context;
- Being motivated to promote lifelong learning.
Candidate must have a Masters degree in European studies, Lifelong Learning, Political Sciences or be qualified by experience.
To apply: send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 20 May.
- Starting date: 1 July 2016
- Contract: full time (38 hours / week)
- Salary: 3.300 € growth salary plus benefits (representation costs, local transport and meal vouchers)
Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Interviews will foreseen to take place on 26-27 May.