The Lifelong Learning Platform (LLL-P) is an umbrella organisation that gathers 40 European organisations and networks active in the field of education, training and youth, based all over Europe and beyond. LLL-P aims to voice citizens’ concerns about lifelong learning. The Platform promotes a holistic vision of lifelong learning. If you are interested to embrace such an aim, you are welcome to express your interest in this new opening.
The Lifelong Learning Platform is looking for a highly motivated dynamic team player, able to work within a multicultural environment and willing to be flexible but also able to stick to tight deadlines. The candidate should have a strong interest in education and lifelong learning. The position requires both technical and analytical skills, an eye for detail and motivation to look for solutions in a membership based organisation.
- Monitor EU policies in the field of education, skills and related areas;
- Research, write and develop reports and policy documents relating to the work of the organisation and its members;
- Produce high quality and persuasive content on relevant policy developments and contribute to the development of LLLP policy such as drafting position papers, policy briefings, information notes and other strategic documents;
- Contribute to developing and implementing advocacy action plans and strategies;
- Monitor research studies in the field to develop evidence-based advocacy;
- Produce high quality responses to consultation exercises from the EU institutions;
- Work with colleagues (Communication, Projects etc) to implement and evaluate multi-disciplinary strategies.
- Minimum 2 years experience in related jobs;
- A degree or relevant experience in at least one, preferably several of the following areas: Educational Sciences, Lifelong Learning, Political Sciences, European Studies or related fields;
- An excellent command of the English language (spoken and written); additional knowledge of one or more European languages is highly desirable;
- Excellent writing and editing skills;
- Strong organisational skills and flexibility;
- Excellent interpersonal skills within a multinational context;
- Being action-oriented, self-motivated, responsible, creative and willing to take initiative;
- Proven ability to network and work appropriately with internal and external stakeholders;
- Having an eye for detail and knowing to keep to deadlines (even under pressure);
- Problem solving and strategic thinking.
- Knowledge of the European institutions and other target audiences related to education;
- Interest in lifelong learning and education policies;
- Experience of working or volunteering in/or with civil society, membership based organisations or the non-profit sector in general;
- Ability to translate complex political/policy issues into appropriate messages and understandable language.
Terms and conditions:
- Position: Policy and Advocacy Officer
- Reports to: Director
- Capacity: Full-time (38hrs/week)
- Location: Rue de l’Industrie 10, 1000 Brussels, Belgium
- Duration: To be agreed
- Gross salary: Depending on experience (13.8 months/year). LLLP also provides meal vouchers & monthly local public transport as well as 5 extra legal holidays in addition to 20 regular holidays/year.
Conditions to apply:
Please submit your one-page cover letter and CV by email to email@example.com with the email subject LLLP Application for Policy and Advocacy Officer
following the guidelines below:
- CV – We encourage interested candidates to attach their portfolio to the application or hyperlink their CV.
- Cover Letter – For the cover letter please specify 1. What you would bring to the organisation; 2. Give a few examples of your main achievements; 3. How you understand working for a membership-based organisation; 4. What you can bring to us and what we can bring to you.
Recruitment Procedure and Information for applicants:
Closing date: 21 May 2017 midnight CET. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Short Exercise dates for shortlisted candidates: 25 May 2017. The short exercise will comprise 3 questions to be answered in 1 hour.
Interview dates: from 6 to 9 June 2017
Aimed start date: August-September 2017