Transparency International (TI) is the global civil society organisation leading the fight against corruption. Through more than 100 chapters worldwide and an international secretariat in Berlin, Germany, TI raises awareness of the damaging effects of corruption and works with partners in government, business and civil society to develop and implement effective measures to tackle it.
Main function: The Legal Officer provides legal advice and support on operational and programmatic matters and coordinates internal and external legal assistance to TI-S.
Starting date: As soon as possible
Duration: 2 years
Location: TI-Secretariat (TI-S), Berlin, Germany
Department: Legal Affairs Unit (LAU)
Reporting lines: Legal Counsel / Deputy Managing Director
Job grade: II
- Provide legal support required across TI-S for effective Programme delivery, including for legal risk assessment
- Coordination of internal legal assistance to TI-S; coordinate legal resources within TI-S, including support of legally trained TI-S staff
- Coordinate external legal resources, including legal advice provided by members of the TI Board, movement staff, Individual Members, Senior Advisors, paid lawyers and pro bono lawyers
- Provide general administrative and logistical support to the Legal Affairs Unit
Knowledge, experience and skills:
- Undergraduate and postgraduate university degree in law or professional qualification in law, preferably obtained in Germany
- 1+ years of relevant legal experience with an International NGO or International Organisation
- Business fluency in both English and German (both written and spoken) required; additional languages, in particular Spanish and/or French, an asset
- Ability to interact and develop effective relationships with a wide range of internal and external constituencies; strong networking and convening skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong organisational skills and ability to effectively manage priorities
- High level of intercultural awareness and sensitivity
Other information about the post and the location:
Transparency International and its global network offer an inspiring work environment with real learning opportunities and support. Berlin is an attractive metropolitan city with relatively low cost of living.
Location – Berlin, Germany
Application Closing Date – 07 January 2016