Legal Counsel will be responsible for all Legal affairs following the strategic directions of the EMVO Head of Commercial Partner Management.
1. Responsible for Legal affairs
- Draft and solidify agreements, contracts, and other legal documents to ensure the company’s full legal rights
- Deal with complex matters with multiple stakeholders and forces
- Give accurate and timely counsel to executives in a variety of legal topics (labor law, partnerships, international ventures, corporate finance etc.)
- Collaborate with management to devise efficient defense strategies
- Specify internal governance policies and regularly monitor compliance
- Research and evaluate different risk factors regarding business decisions and operations
- Apply effective risk management techniques and offer proactive advise on possible legal issues
- Provide clarification on legal language or specifications to everyone in the organization
- Conduct your work with integrity and responsibility
- Maintain current knowledge of alterations in legislation
- Communicate and negotiate with external parties (pharmaceutical companies, National Medicines Verification Organisations (NMVOs), regulators, external counsel, public authority etc.), creating relations of trust
2. Support and Align National Implementation Projects
- Manage the NMVO/NMVS Project Manager Community
- Manage and organise contractual on-boarding of NMVOs
- Manage the Progress Monitoring of NMVO/NMVS for all participating countries and ensure they follow procedures and meet objectives
- Implement and manage the Working Group “EMVO-NMVO-Contract 2.0” for the operational phase after Feb. 2019
- Consult, communicate with and visit the National Stakeholder Organisations
- Coordinate cross-project communication and activities
3. Manage OBP Contracts
- Manage and organise contractual on-boarding of OBPs
- Implement and manage the Working Group “Participation Agreement 2.0” for the operational phase after Feb. 2019
- Consult, communicate with Stakeholder Organisations (e.g. EFPIA, Medicines for Europe, EAEPC) and associated pharmaceutical companies
- Proven at least 2 years’ experience as a legal counsel in business environment
- LL.B., B.Sc. or J.D. degree
- Fluent knowledge (written and spoken) in English and French (contracts are drafted in English), Another European Language is an asset.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of corporate law and procedures
- Full comprehension of the influences of the external environment of a corporation
- Demonstrated ability to create legal defensive or proactive strategies
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity
- Sound judgment and ability to analyse situations and information
- Negotiation & Communication skills
- Team Player, pragmatic & business oriented
- A challenging career in a multilingual environment.
- An attractive salary supplemented by a number of fringe benefits.
- Our offices are located in the center of Brussels, easily accessible by public transport.
If you are interested in this position, please send your application with CV and motivation letter to email@example.com.