The mission of WFP is to end global hunger. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
We are seeking to fill an internship position in our Talent Acquisition Branch. The position will be based at our Headquarters in Rome, Italy. The Internship will be for period of six months with a possible extension to a maximum of 8 months starting asap.
Who We are and What we Do:
The Talent Acquisition Branch supports the organization to equip its workforce with the right capabilities by sourcing top talent and building a talent pipeline for future needs.
To successfully achieve this goal, Talent Acquisition Team’s portfolio includes the following key responsibilities:
- Manage recruitment for international professional openings across the organization and general service positions in Rome.
- Serve as WFP’s Centre of Excellence for local recruitments to support managers and field HR offices with expertise, advice and quality checks.
- Build and communicate an engaging employer brand aligned with WFP’s strategic plan and People Strategy to attract and compete for the best talent.
- Build and leverage multiple channels to effectively “build” and “borrow” the talent WFP requires to respond quickly to emergencies while building skill base that is required by longer-term resilience building and growth strategies.
- Build and manage external talent pipelines including the JPO and internship programme, as well as partnership with other targeted professional institutions, to ensure diverse candidates, especially high caliber women, are made available for filling current and future staffing needs.
- Promote effective talent acquisition culture – “hiring is the most important thing for any line managers” across the organization, through awareness campaigns and capability development activities.
What are we looking for?
A dynamic and motivated individual who will bring not only their knowledge and expertise to the role, but who possesses, above all else, a passion for people and bringing innovative ideas to the table in all areas of Talent Acquisition. The successful candidate will possess a strong solution oriented approach coupled with a dedication to providing top tier customer service to both internal and external WFP clients.
- Gain a deep understanding of WFP’s programs and operations, in order to provide first-rate talent acquisition support;
- Contribute to the team’s ongoing projects including proposing viable approaches and solutions;
- Manage vacancy announcements in Applicant Tracking System (SuccessFactors): job postings, open position information, etc;
- Source passive candidates, particularly from developing countries;
- Screen candidates against established set of criteria;
- Help boost recruiting pipeline by leveraging social media to publicize the organization and open roles;
- Provide support to Talent Acquisition team for larger scale initiatives;
- Perform other duties as required.
- Currently enrolled having completed at least two years of undergraduate studies or have recently graduated in the last six months with a BA or MA in Human Resources, Labor Relations, Management, or related area;
- Course attendance in the past twelve months;
- Proficiency in Windows, MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook);
- Fluency in English;
- Work experience or exposure to Talent Acquisition, Human Resources and project management;
- Ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional team members;
- Strong analytical and communication skills;
- Ability to handle confidential information with professionalism and diplomacy;
- Ability to be flexible, multi-task, prioritize, and manage multiple activities simultaneously in a fast-paced, changing environment;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Possess strong business acumen, excellent problem solving skills.
- Experience with an Applicant Tracking System (ATS);
- Knowledge of social media outreach platforms highly desirable.
Terms and Conditions
- Interns receive a monthly stipend from WFP up to the maximum amount of US$1000 per month depending on the duty station of assignment.
- WFP is not responsible for living expenses, arrangements for accommodation, necessary visas and related costs.
- WFP will reimburse travel ticket for candidates who are nationals of developing countries and are pursuing their studies in their home country.
- WFP will recognize candidates’ educational credentials from recognised institutions that have been certified by competent international or national authorities such as the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) or Ministries of Education;
Closing date: 25 December 2017
VA reference no: 72301
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply. WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.