Reference Number: 171010
Department: Office of Information Systems and Technology
Division: Administration and Customer Support Unit
Location: Asian Development Bank Headquarters
Date Posted: Tuesday, December 12, 2017
Closing Date: Sunday, February 4, 2018 11:59 p.m. (2359 Manila Time, 0800 GMT)
1. INTERNSHIP TOPIC: “IT Financial Management – IT Budgeting, Investment Planning, Benchmarking.”
2. SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION:
The intern is expected to support OIST in preparing studies/analyses on ADB’s IT spending and IT financial management practices, discovering and interpreting trends in the data, applying financial management principles and techniques to develop and generate meaningful metrics/indicators with the aim of assisting ADB’s decision makers in “Running IT as a Business”, and recommending improvements to address gaps identified.
3. PERIOD OF ASSIGNMENT:
- Duration: 12 weeks
- Timing: June 2018
ADB provides a stipend of 69 USD per day for a maximum of 56 calendar days only. Interns may choose to continue work beyond 56 calendar days in agreement with the designated supervisors, but without stipend.
4. LOCATION: ADB Headquarters, Manila, Philippines
5. EXPECTED OUTCOMES:
- Prepare analyses describing different views of ADB’s IT budget/spending (e.g. asset view, investment view, etc.) and recommend an approach to categorizing IT spending.
- Conduct high-level benchmarking of ADB’s IT costs versus industry standards.
- Identify historical trends and patterns in IT spending.
- Develop and recommend relevant IT Key Metrics that ADB should utilize considering the Bank’s strategy and context.
- Develop templates for standard reports and ad hoc reports, as needed. Document the procedures undertaken to generate the reports for turnover.
- Identify strengths and areas for improvements e.g. SWOT analysis or similar, and conduct root cause analysis for major issues identified.
- Recommend a set of improvements to strengthen and streamline ADB’s IT financial management e.g. updates processes to align to best practice, implementation of new tools, upskilling, and draft an action plan to address immediate gaps.
- Compile and present results to his/her supervisors. Submit copies of final reports.
6. EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration
Currently enrolled in a Master’s Degree or PhD program for Business Administration, Information Technology, or related fields.
7. RELEVANT EXPERIENCE AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- At least 3 years experience in accounting, financial analysis, and/or investment planning.
- Knowledge and understanding of accounting concepts and spreadsheet software, ability to quickly learn new programs necessary to complete job requirements.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and work under pressure of deadlines.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize work, and work independently to guarantee accurate and timely completion of assignments.
- Analytical skills useful in identifying trends and reasons for change in financial results.
- Has a CPA designation or currently working toward CPA designation.
Upload the following documents in the “Attachments” section of your application:
1. Curriculum vitae (CV)
2. Proof of enrollment to a Masters or PhD program. Inclusive dates should confirm that you will be enrolled during the intended period of assignment.
3. Essay in MS WORD or PDF document, maximum of 1500 words per question. (Please see essay questions below)
(1) Describe one example of your experience that demonstrated your interest in working in ADB.
(2) Highlight your qualifications that will help accomplish this internship assignment (e.g., coursework, research, work experience, etc.).