Call for Curriculum Vitae 2017-20, extended
|Position Title||:||Intern, Human Resources|
|Duty Station||:||Regional Office Brussels, Belgium|
|Type of Appointment||:||Internship|
|Duration of Assignment||:||6 months, with the possibility for extension up to 9 months|
|Estimated Start Date||:||As soon as possible|
|Closing Date||:||1 October 2017|
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Initial preference is given to candidates who:
- are holding a scholarship for internship placements in international organizations and/or for whom internship is required to complete their studies;
- are sponsored by governmental/non-governmental institutions and/or academia to work on specific areas relevant to both IOM and the sponsor;
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Reginal Resource Management Officer (SRRMO) and the overall supervision of the Regional Resource Management Support Officer (RRMSO), the incumbent will act as intern for the Regional Resource Management Unit. He/she will have the following duties and responsibilities:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative support to Human Resources such as preparation of administrative documents, issuance of contracts, Personnel Action forms, promotions, separations, letters and attestations to staff;
- Ensure proper and systematic filing of HR and administration files (including the electronic files) according to established standards;
- Assist in the preparation of monthly payroll for General Service staff working in country offices missions in EEA region, as and when assigned;
- Assist in the recruitment and selection process for General Service staff and interns;
- Perform other related duties as may be required;
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Completion of secondary school. University degree in Business Administration, HR Law or related fields
- A previous internship or related work experience in HR would be a distinct advantage;
- Good analytical skills and strong sense of details and accuracy;
- High level of computer literacy, in particular Excel;
- Personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility, drive for results, respect for diversity and creative thinking;
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds.
Fluency in English is required.
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
- Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
- The appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
- This post is subject to local recruitment. Only persons holding a valid residence and work permit for Belgium will be eligible for consideration.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications – Personal History Form and Cover Letter to IOMBrusselsApplications@iom.int by midnight 1 October 2017 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
To download Personal History Form please refer to:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 20/09/2017 until 1/10/2017