The ILO Office for the European Union and the Benelux countries (ILO-Brussels) is looking for an intern to join its team. The internship offers excellent learning opportunities and exposure.
The internship is meant for enthusiastic young men and women looking for work experience in an international affairs environment based in Brussels.
The purpose of granting internship is threefold:
- to enable carefully selected graduate students to participate in the multicultural and intergovernmental work of the ILO;
- to offer the opportunity to the participants to acquire knowledge of the ILO’s environment and to deepen their understanding of the ILO’s goals, policies and activities;
- to enable the ILO-Brussels office to benefit from the assistance of persons with relevant knowledge and skills in areas within the scope of the mandate of the ILO.
Tasks will include:
- research on various policy issues including the drafting of analytical papers and reports on issues related to ILO’s activities;
- monitor and report on EU policy developments relevant to the ILO;
- assist in organising events, attend conferences and meetings, prepare minutes and reports, assist in the preparation of input and presentations;
- assist in developing content for the ILO-Brussels website (/brussels);
- provide administrative support and assistance;
- carry out any other tasks relating to the work of the Office, as requested by the Director of the ILO-Brussels Office.
Eligibility and prerequisites
- be in their last year of a Master degree or above, or have completed their studies no earlier than one year prior to this application preferably in Political Science, International Relations, Law or Economics;
- have a strong interest in international and European social and employment issues and a basic knowledge of the ILO, the EU institutions and the UN system;
- be proficient in English, knowledge of Dutch and/or French would be an asset;
- have excellent editorial skills in English;
- be computer literate;
- have an adequate health insurance.
Please only apply if you fulfill the following criteria:
- You have no close relative serving in the ILO.
- This would be your first internship with the ILO (only one internship is permitted)
- 6-month internship (1 March 2016 – 31 July 2016);
- full-time position of 40 hours per week (9:00 am – 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm – 6:00 pm);
- 2,5 days of leave per month of work;
- monthly compensation of 750,00 € which comprises a stipend of 700,00 € and the sum of 50,00 € as a contribution towards the cost of medical insurance to cover the period of the internship;
- if you are financially supported by an institution, the ILO shall, subject to the rules of such institution, pay the difference, if any, between the external financial support and the applicable ILO stipend.
- If you are interested in undertaking an internship at ILO-Brussels, please submit your CV together with a motivation letter stating how it will contribute to your overall academic and professional goals.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview.
- Both documents should be sent by 18 January 2016 to firstname.lastname@example.org.