has established the Prize in 2014 to raise the stature of the teaching profession, so that children will dream of becoming the greatest teacher in the world. They seek to celebrate the best teachers — those who inspire their students and community around them. The Foundation believes that vibrant education awakens and supports the full potential of young people.
The award — the equivalent of a ‘Nobel Prize’ — operates under the patronage of His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, UAE Vice President, Prime Minister, and Ruler of Dubai. The prize underlines the importance of the teaching profession and symbolises the fact that teachers throughout the world deserve to be recognized and celebrated. The winner will be chosen by the prominent Global Teacher Prize Academy made up of head-teachers, educational experts, commentators, journalists, public officials, tech entrepreneurs, company directors and scientists from around the world.
The winner will be announced at the Global Education and Skills Forum in March 2016 in Dubai.
The competition is open to currently working teachers who teach children and are in compulsory schooling, or are between the ages of five and eighteen. Teachers who continue to teach, even on a part-time basis are also eligible, as are teachers of online courses. The competition is open to teachers in every kind of school and, subject to local laws, in any country in the world.
Also the teacher should fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
- Be at least eighteen (18) years old at time of entry;
- Teach or provide educational support to students between the ages of 5 and 18 in a school setting;
- Not be prohibited from participating in the Contest or receiving the Prize under applicable law;
- Not have a criminal record;
- Not have conducted themselves (by act or omission) in such a way as to bring the teaching profession or VF, its affiliates, or their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, and subsidiaries (“VF Parties”) into disrepute (as may be determined at the sole discretion of VF);
- Not be a previous Prize winner;
- Not be an employee or consultant of the Varkey Foundation Group of companies, or an immediate family member of such employee or consultant.
The Global Teacher Prize is an annual 1 million dollar award that will be given to an exceptional teacher who has made an outstanding contribution to the profession. Top 50 outstanding applicants will be national and international recognized. 10 finalist will receive invitation to attend the in Dubai.
In order to apply fill in the latest by 10 October 2015.
For more information please visit