Vacancy Notice N° o22/2016
Financial Assistant (Grade B3)
Office of the Directorate General of Programmes
Council of Europe Office in Kyiv
Under the authority of the Head of Office, the Financial Assistant will carry out multiple administrative and technical tasks in the financial field, provide financial management advice and ensure accurate and reliable budget and accounting records, statements and reports in compliance with the Organisation’s financial regulations and deadlines.
Employment is offered on an annual basis, with the possibility of renewal.
Local recruitment procedure organised in accordance with Rule No 1234 of 15 December 2005.
The Financial Assistant will perform the following tasks in accordance with the Organisation’s procedures, guidelines and priorities, with a concern for quality, efficiency, accuracy and confidentiality:
- ensures that all financial transactions of the Office are carried out in accordance with Council of Europe financial regulations, rules and procedures;
- advises and assists in financial, administrative and budgetary matters;
- prepares records and processes financial transactions, including in particular, input of requisitions and purchase orders into the financial management informations system (FIMS) and their finalisation;
- verifies and controls invoices before settlement;
- ensures regular follow-up of budget execution and prepares monthly reports of budget situation for information and validation by the relevant cost centre managers;
- provides accurate financial information, and draws immediate attention to discrepancies and irregularities;
- follows up work or activities in progress and reports to the supervisor, especially if and when problems occur;
- liaises with officials of local banks and financial institutions to obtain information on exchange and interest rates, changes in procedures and regulations for office bank accounts;
- prepares regular management accounting reports and statements and transmits them to Council of Europe headquarters;
- archives relevant supporting documents of all financial transactions;
- carries out customs and tax exemption and VAT reimbursement procedures;
- provides logistical support to the Office (requisitioning of supplies from headquarters, local purchases, issuing of supplies, preparing purchase orders and tender procedures);
- provides assistance and performs reception duties, receiving visitors and phone calls in the absence of the Office Assistant.
Please note that the incumbent may be required to perform other duties not listed in the vacancy notice.
Interviews and tests will take place at the Council of Europe Office in Kyiv.
Closing date: 30 May 2016
Location : Kyiv, Ukraine