Director of Democratic Citizenship and Participation (Education and Youth Policy) (Grade A6)
Directorate General of Democracy (DG II)
Directorate of Democratic Citizenship and Participation
Under the authority of the Director General of Democracy (DGII), the incumbent will provide leadership to, and ensure efficient management of the Directorate of Democratic Citizenship and Participation, in compliance with Council of Europe values and priorities.
The incumbent performs all or a combination of the following duties:
- defines the objectives of the Directorate in consultation with the Director General;
- contributes to the development and achievement of the Directorate’s policies in accordance with the mandate of the Directorate General;
- plans, formulates, implements and reports on policies and programmes in the fields of Education and Youth in accordance with general priorities and policies;
- ensures policy and administrative support to the statutory and intergovernmental bodies operating in these fields;
- provides leadership and guidance to the Directorate’s staff in cooperation with subordinate line managers (Heads of the Education and Youth Departments);
- manages financial and human resources allocated to the Directorate including Joint Programmes with the European Union and funds from other external sources;
- promotes transversality within the Directorate and Directorate General and by establishing and maintaining cooperation with other bodies/sectors of the Council of Europe, including the Secretariats of the Parliamentary Assembly and the Congress of Local and Regional Authorities;
- supervises the preparation of documents submitted to the Committee of Ministers;
- establishes and maintains contacts with governments, international institutions, non governmental organisations and other relevant bodies/institutions;
- increases the internal and external visibility of the Directorate and its topics;
- undertakes official journeys and/or participates in field missions in connection with activities described above.
Please note that the incumbent may be required to perform other duties not listed in the vacancy notice.
Location : Strasbourg, France
Closing date: 03 August 2015