Location: Brussels/ office and Home based
Type of contract: Individual consultancy contract
Languages required: English / French / Portuguese
Duration of contract: 6 months
30% upon IOM acceptance of 30% of deliverables as per these ToR
30% upon IOM acceptance of the remaining 30% of deliverables as per these ToR
40% upon IOM acceptance of the remaining 40% of deliverables as per these ToR.
1. BACKGROUND AND OBJECTIVES OF THE CONSULTANCY
The Regional Office of the International Organization for Migration (IOM) in Brussels is looking for one consultant for a consultancy under the Action “Supporting ACP-EU cooperation on migration and development” (hereafter referred to as the “Action”), funded by the European Commission (EC) and implemented by IOM RO Brussels in African, Caribbean and Pacific (ACP) countries.
In this context, IOM is looking for one consultant to support the following objectives:
1)The preparation and completion of the Action’s mid-term review of the programme;
2)The boost and consolidation of the Action’s social media communication, including web pages and other virtual channels related to visibility, communication and reach out of the Action.
2.DELIVERABLES, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
a) For the mid-term review (point #1 of above list) – expected duration 2-3 months :
Prepare, structure and develop a report based on the surveys analysis for the Action’s mid-term review by:
1) Analysing and providing recommendations for the methodology for the mid-tem review of the Action;
2) Developing several survey questionnaires, prepared thinking of different types of target public, through free e-questionnaires based platforms like www.surveymonkey.com, and administering them to several groups of stakeholders to feed the mid-term review;
3) Collecting and analysing replies from the received questionnaires by extracting ideas/advices/lessons/ requests for changes, including graphical representation via charts and diagrams;
4) Feeding all information collected and analysed into a well-structured report, of at least 30 pages, including statistical and graphical explanation of the data collected, and recommendations for the future implementation of the Programme.
b) For the media communication, visibility and reach out of the Action (point #2 of above list):
1) Analyze a) the presence of the Action virtually and in social media, b) the areas in which the visibility of the Action can receive a further boost, c) alternative distribution channels, d) tools and specific activities targeting specific types of public, and propose ideas through a work plan/ timeline, in line with the Action’ objectives and the Communication and Visibility Strategy, to boost the visibility and presence of the Action and its identity, to be agreed with Head of Unit and Communication officer;
2) Implement work plan and produce and update weekly online content for the different media channels;
3) Provide the Head of Action and Communication Officer with written recommendations for making the Action’s profiles on social medias more visible and information/knowledge management activities related to the Action;
4) Layout/design of the website and there published materials.
The outputs of the consultancy will be produced in close cooperation with the IOM Action’s staff based in Brussels. The consultant will report to the IOM Head of the Regional Implementation Unit (RIU).
3. TIMEFRAME – PLACE OF WORK – REMUNERATION
The assignment is expected to start as soon as possible for a total of 95 working days along 6 months.
The consultancy is to be performed in Brussels on an office and home-based basis; no travels for work purposes are foreseen. To enhance clarifications, decisions, their implementation, the consultant should be based at least three days and half every week in the RO Brussels (ACP-EU Migration Action office).
The consultant is expected to closely collaborate and coordinate his/her work with the ACP EU Migration Action Staff of the IOM Regional Implementation Unit (RIU) and to familiarize him/herself with relevant background documentation for this work, including but not limited to the Description of the Action and other essential documents (i.e. Guidelines of components).
The Action-related documentation will be provided to the consultant by the ACP EU Migration Action staff at the beginning of his/her assignment. IOM will be available to provide additional information when needed by the recruited consultant.
The ceiling for this consultancy is estimated to 10,000 euro in total.
4. PROFILE OF THE CONSULTANT
– BA in public communication and information or international development. Preferably a Master’s or above university degree, in social sciences or communications, better if with focus on migration;
– At least 3 or 4 years of working experience in social media/communication/ journalism. Experience in extensive writing of articles and short text, analysis of information, preparation & administration of surveys, web based communications;
– Demonstrated experience in developing, administering and analyzing surveys;
– Prior experience in developing and maintaining social media pages through web platforms; Demonstrated ability to deliver quality work under tight timeframes;
– Excellent communication and report writing skills and fluent command of English.
5. APPLICATION METHOD
Candidates interested should submit their CV in IOM format (Personal History Form) – downloadable at http://eea.iom.int/index.php/vacancies – with a motivation letter, including their proposed daily fee, to IOM Brussels Human Resources at IOMBrusselsApplications@iom.int by 4th January 2016., quoting in the title CFA 2015-29