Accounting Assistants (Grade B1/B2)
or any other duty station
The Council of Europe is looking for support staff to provide assistance in the field of accountancy, financial management or payroll.
* External recruitment procedure organised in accordance with Article 15B of the Regulations on Appointments
The incumbent performs all or part of the following key duties:
- follows up bank accounts and carries out bank reconciliations as well as other tasks related with treasury management;
- reconciles balance sheet accounts;
- enters information and executes queries in the Organisation’s accounting system;
- prepares VAT reimbursement requests;
- reimburses travel and subsistence expenses to people travelling at the expense of the Council of Europe in conformity with the regulations in force;
- checks the regularity of the expenses presented for payment;
- responds to specific questions from services and experts concerning reimbursements;
- assists other services by providing ad hoc financial information or any guidance that they may request;
- assists the internal and external auditors.
Please note that the incumbent may be required to perform other duties not listed in the vacancy notice.
Closing date: 31 January 2018